Nominated for consideration as The Greater Binghamton Chamber's SMALL BUSINESS PERSON OF THE YEAR 2004 and 2005.
Received The Greater Binghamton Chamber's SMALL BUSINESS PERSON OF THE YEAR 2005.
Member of the Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce over 40 years.
Voted as the Best in Vision Care since its inception by the 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, and 2012 Press & Sun-Bulletin Reader's Choice Awards.
Selected as one of 12 Best Practices in the United States.
Certificate of Achievement from the Essilor / Novartis 2006 Management and Business Academy for being in the top 1% of practices in the United States for Providing Legendary Patient Care.
Health Fairs - include vision, cataract and glaucoma screenings
BAE Employee Health Fairs.
Maines Employee and family Health Fairs.
Columbia Financial Group Employee Health Fair.
Security Mutual Employee Health Fair.
STVO (Southern Tier Volunteer Organization) Turkey Drives.
Health Fair with Scooby Doo and Shaggy to benefit the Binghamton Lions Club.
Numerous recognition awards from the Broome County United Way.
Safilo frame company Platinum Sales Achievement Award for the 10th year in a row.
Fellows of the Essilor Academy.
Ciba Vision VIP's.
Received many Broome United Way office awards - Honor Award, Chairman's Award, Corporate Recognition Award, and Certificate of Appreciation.
The doctors at Roberts Eyecare speak at Rotary Clubs, Senior Centers, Schools and other service clubs.
Roberts Eyecare Associates is also a proud sponsor of:
- STHA (Southern Tier Hockey Association) Dynamite Team Sponsor
- Vestal High School Scholarship - Dollars for Scholars
- Kopernick Observatory scholarship for underprivileged
- Tri-Cities Opera
- Pennsylvania College of Optometry Scholarship Fund
- Southern Tier Hockey Association
Roberts Eyecare Associates is a member of:
- Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce
- Sidney Chamber of Commerce
- Delaware County Chamber of Commerce
Roberts Eyecare Associates has been the official optometrist for:
- Binghamton Mets
- BC Open
- Binghamton Senators
- Binghamton Jr. Senators
- Binghamton University Bearcats
- BCC Hornets
- Tri-Cities Opera
- BC Icemen
- Binghamton Rangers
- TC Jets
- Eric Bodine and his Bully Hill Racing Team
- Dicks Sporting Goods Open
- Kathi Roberts has been an active member of Vestal Rotary since 1999 where she has chaired various committees and held the position of secretary for the past three years.
- Dr. Roberts was a member of Binghamton Rotary for 28 years.
- Dr. Roberts recently received The People First Award from Vision Service Plan for recognition for his outstanding patient care, community service and service to the eye care profession.
- Both Dr. George and Kathi Roberts are Paul Harris Fellows.
- Kathi, a graduate of Broome Leadership Institute (BLI) and member of the BLI Alumni Board since 1999, is involved in the American Cancer Society Relay For Life as a registration co-chair 2003, and has served on United Way Allocation Committee for six years.
- Kathi is a member of the Community Foundation Board, The Harpur Forum membership committee, and Board of Directors for the Greater Binghamton Chamber of Commerce.
- Kathi was recently honored as being one of 50 individuals to be included in the first publication of Faces of the Southern Tier - a book honoring "ordinary people with extraordinary talents, abilities, or resolve".
The practice prides itself by accepting discounted insurance plans that are available to individuals that are disadvantaged or have disabilities. We feel these individuals need and should have access to quality eye health care. We do this as a public service to the community to those that are less fortunate. This includes the local Lion's Clubs, The Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities (VESID), Medicaid and other child health plus and family medical plans. All patients are treated equally regardless of their insurance coverage or their ability to pay.
For the past ten years, Roberts Eyecare has had the opportunity for high school and college students desiring to enter the Optometric field, work as paid interns to enhance their knowledge of optometry prior to optometry school. The doctors and staff relish the opportunity to educate tomorrow's optometric physicians and leaders and to install the passion for quality and compassionate patient care.